|Click here to see common areas of the body that may experience chronic conditions.|
Many active patients are familiar with repetitive or overuse injuries that can cause micro tears of the muscle and/or tendon fibers, resulting in weakness and pain at the injury site. This can be an acute or chronic condition that can affect the normal healing process of the damaged tissue. Recent studies have evaluated the use of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) to treat these conditions. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 It's important to speak with your treating physician to learn more about the studies that have been published evaluating the use of PRP.
1. Peerbooms JC, Sluimer J, et al. Am J of Sports Med. 2010; 38:225.
2. Hecthman K, Uribe J, et al. Orthopedics. 2011; 34:2
3. De Vos RJ, Weir A, et al. JAMA. 2010; 303(2):144-149.
4. Barrett S, Erredge S, Podiatry Today. 2004; 17:36-42.
5. Kon E, Filardo G, et al. Injury. 2009; 598-603.
For further information on Cascade Injectable Platelets and Growth factors or to find out how to set up a physician consultation, call 800.237.0169.